Proposal Senior Specialist
The Proposal Senior Specialist handles the timely completion and effective preparation of proposals in response to RFPs and other opportunities to assist Sales Representatives in generating new business or expanding existing business. The Proposal Specialist’s primary goal is to ensure compliance with the RFP requirements, work with various departments to prepare written responses, and develop and maintain the required information needed for RFP responses.
- Plans, implements and manages the proposal process by closely analyzing the requirements of the RFP for compliance and the effectiveness of the proposal process and recommends changes when needed.
- Receives technical and business information and rewrites it in a way that can be easily understood and utilized by all.
- Coordinates and manages all aspects of the proposal preparation. This includes proposal organization, assigning proposal questions to subject matter experts, providing and managing deadlines, document tracking and version control through to final proposal submission.
- Communicates progress and outstanding issues throughout the proposal process to the necessary personnel.
- Coordinates and manages the proposal production process and ensures adherence to all required instructions and schedules.
- Ensures that the final proposal is in compliance with all RFP requirements and facilitates the timely submission of proposals.
- Maintains tracking and statistics on proposal success or failure after submission to the prospects/clients.
- Other writing assignments, as required, in support of the sales team, these may include, but are not limited to, email or memo editing, PowerPoint presentations, marketing research, and competitive information.
Key Technical Requirements:
- 2 to 4 years of experience in a similar job and 7+ years of experience in IT field
- Computer Science Bachelor’s Degree
- Solid Software Background
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- Excellent writing, editing and communication skills
- Strong project management and organizational skills, including the ability to multi-task and manage multiple weekly deadlines
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Team player with strong work ethic and ability to work well other
- Excellent research skills for gathering answers to RFPs